i3block: alternative status bar for i3 + my contributions
You know that I recently switched to i3. One of the first thing I wanted to change is the status bar which is not optimal for my usage.
After researches, it looked like that i3blocks it the best alternative. So I contacted the creator (Vivien) and had very good exchanges with him.
I’ve made pull requests and suggestions to integrate missing checks, faster one that I developed and with colorization depending of the contexts. Here is what I’ve purposed:
- A new battery module (integrated upstream)
- A CPU usage check (integrated upstream)
- Network bandwidth usage (waiting validation)
- Wireless check (waiting validation)
- New memory check (waiting validation)
- Wired check (waiting validation)
- OpenVPN check (waiting validation)
Here is the result of what I got today:
Do not hesitate to try and give feedback.
Thanks and hope you’ll try and love it :-)