Bye bye Mediawiki
After more than 10 years using my beloved Mediawiki (wiki.deimos.fr), I decided to convert it into static html files and stop using Mediawiki :(.
Why? Because maintaining a Mediawiki is a pain when you’re using a lot of extensions. In addition, I’m not using Mediawiki anymore at work, not really following the evolution, don’t want to keep maintaining php/mariadb/nginx and upgrading Mediawiki configuration can be complex as well.
I really love markdown solutions generating static files like Hugo and I already did it whith my previous Wordpress. Unfortunately, I didn’t found any solution to convert a Mediawiki instance to another markdown solution, so I prefered stop using it.
I used this script to convert it to html:
wget --recursive --page-requisites --html-extension \ --convert-links --no-parent -R "*Special*" -R "Special*" -R "*action=*" \ -R "*printable=*" -R "*oldid=*" -R "*title=Talk:*" \ -R "*limit=*" "https://wiki.deimos.fr"